Listening to consumers, the Axon 7 will incorporate near-stock Android Oreo.
RICHARDSON, Texas - ZTE USA, the fourth largest smartphone supplier in the U.S.*, today announced that it has opened its Android Oreo beta program for its flagship smartphone, Axon 7. Consumers can register to be one of the first to experience Axon 7 with Android O through Z-Community, ZTE’s online and offline community for fans, at https://community.zteusa.com/categories/beta-lab.
“At ZTE, we listen to our consumers, and one of their requests was to get Android O on the Axon 7, and we are excited to make it happen,” said Jeff Yee, VP of Product Marketing and Strategy at ZTE Mobile Devices. “Z-Community continues to grow and is one of the channels through which we get direct feedback from consumers on our devices. I urge those who are interested to register and be a part of the community so their voice can be heard.”
The upcoming release to Android Oreo for the Axon 7 will implement near-stock Android, a request voiced by consumers. With the addition of Oreo comes the following features and more:
- Improved battery life
- View two apps at once through picture-in-picture (PiP) mode
- Google Play Protect, which scans over 50 billion apps per day to ensure your device is safe
- Notification dots to quickly see what’s new
- Faster boot speed when powering on the device
- Android Instant apps, allowing users to get into apps without having to install
- Minimized background activity in the applications used least
- Autofill, which, with user permission, remembers logins to important apps
Originally announced with Android Marshmallow, the Axon 7 has been upgraded to Android Nougat and will soon be to Android Oreo. Taking feedback directly from consumers, ZTE continues to update the Axon 7 with what consumers want, value and use.
To register for beta testing and to learn more about Z-Community, visit https://community.zteusa.com/.
For more information on Axon 7 and ZTE USA, visit https://www.zteusa.com/axon7.
*Counterpoint, Q3 2017